The mission of Ready Carlsbad is to promote business emergency preparedness and response through services, educational programs and cooperative partnerships that combine business continuity with community preparedness and recovery.
The spirit behind the mission statement is the matching of goods and services needed to respond to and recover from an emergency to the needs of the community.
It has been seen from one disaster to another that there is a strong desire for people to help the community with goods and services, but that the needs and the desires are not always adequately matched. It is the spirit of the task force to develop a framework that better matches the need to the desire before the disaster strikes.
We can assist your company through Business Emergency Safety Training (BEST) Certification.
- Develops a program to get your employees prepared
- Develops a program to get your business prepared
- Gets your business listed in the Business Recovery Resource Guide
- Allows your business to be considered as a resource for Carlsbad businesses and residents in the recovery phase of a disaster
- Allows your business to participate in training sessions at reduced rates or no cost.
- Provides a resource guide for how to get FEMA support, State support, and SBA support in the event that your business is affected by a disaster.
Get more information about BEST Certification by calling the Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce at 760-931-8400
If your employees have their families prepared to recover from a disaster, they will be in a better position to help your business recover.
- Register their phones with Alert San Diego
- Have an evacuation location planned ahead of time for family and pets
- An out of state friend or relative is identified as a point of contact
- Have three days of food, water, hygiene products, medication, and bed linen easily accessible
- Emergency phone numbers registered with work are up to date
- Training sessions are regularly available through the workplace
If your business is prepared to recover from a disaster, it will be in a better position to help the community recover.
- Conduct a hazard vulnerability assessment of potential threats to your business.
- Prepare an emergency response plan and train your employees on how to use it
- Conduct a business impact analysis to determine the key components of keeping your business operational in an emergency
- Store enough critical supplies for all employees to be able to shelter in place for 72 hours.
Commit resources to help the community respond to or recover from a disaster
- Employees as volunteers
- Storage for goods collected
- Essential supplies such as food, water, fuel, hygiene products, linens and bedding
- Empty conference rooms or offices can shelter families on a short term basis
- Outdoor spaces can be used for pet shelter on a short term basis
- Flashlights, first aid kits, phone chargers, batteries and radios
Call the Carlsbad Chamber at 760.931.8400 and someone will come to your business to discuss possible options.